Behind the Scenes of Fall Feast 2019
· First, our volunteers had to secure a venue and date/time (a couple of months in advance), choose a menu & order drinks, then factor into the ticket price the cost per plate. Then, they had to choose and order table settings (napkins, cloths, centerpieces, dishes, flatware) and shop for needed items to complete centerpieces (which they also assembled). We then booked the band.
· Once the contract for the venue was signed, volunteers had to design a flier, announce the Fall Feast date on social media and get it posted on local calendars and in newspapers. One of our volunteers attended an El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce meeting and promoted the event there.
· Next, they talked to several local businesses, asking them to put up FKC’s flier and if they would like to donate a prize or a dessert. They then went around and collected all the donated items.
· On the administrative side, volunteers kept a log of all ticket sales and donations, updated the list daily to make sure the tally matched ticket sales from the FKC website. They also counted attendees and calculated the amount of revenue generated. A lot of phone calls, texts and emails go into coordinating an event like this!
· On the creative side, they designed drink tickets (and cut to size), created dessert envelopes and placed identifying stickers on them, made the certificates for raffle winners and poster boards to advertise the prizes, wrote out name tags, and assembled baskets for prizes.
· On the day of Fall Feast, volunteers set up donations as raffle or silent auction items, set out champagne glasses, the dessert table, extra tables, and chairs & un-corked the wine. During the Feast, our volunteers welcomed & interacted with our guests, made announcements, oversaw the raffles and auctions and distributed prizes. Afterward, the cleanup process began–breaking down rented tables and chairs, cleaning up banquet center and paying the bill.
As you can see, our volunteers worked tirelessly to stage this event and you helped to make it so successful. Everyone seemed to have a great time and this fundraiser allowed us to develop social relationships while helping our precious cats. Thank you again!
Photos from our Event