The strength and success of Fat Kitty City come from our amazing and dedicated team of volunteers. We are always looking for more volunteers to help us in a number of ways.
Whether it is helping out in the office, taking care of the kitties at the Sanctuary, assisting at our weekly adoption events or fostering, we can always use the help!
We are accepting adult volunteers. If you are an adult interested in volunteering, please download and fill out a Volunteer Application. Either scan or take a picture of your completed application and send it to Jane Lober at email@example.com. She will then get in touch with you.
Our greatest volunteer needs currently are:
A commitment of one Saturday and/or Sunday a month
Minimum of one month required
Work with adoption team to find loving homes for our deserving kitties through thorough screening, background checks and filling out the appropriate paperwork
Training requires shadowing adoption teams a minimum of three times
- PetSmart Folsom (IRON POINT RD): Hours available Sat. & Sun. 11a-4p
- PetSmart Auburn: Hours available Sat. 11a-4p
- Petco Cameron Park: Saturday 11a-3p
- Petco Folsom: by appointment
- We are in great need of fosters to care for kittens/cats and puppies/dogs until they are ready for adoption.
- We are in desperate need of fosters for adult cats who do not do well at the sanctuary, and who need a home environment.
- We will provide all the food and litter, and we will cover medical needs.
- Help keep an eye on all our sanctuary cats and monitor their well-being
Should be detail-oriented, organized and have a keen eye for what is not normal behavior in cats
- Should have an ability to handle cats, to carry cats to the clinic or move them from the clinic to an enclosure
- Collaborative team player, comfort taking direction and being self-directed when needed
- Basic leadership skills and a high level of accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as communication verbal & written
- Cat behavior knowledge and continued learning on the topic, staying up on trends, safety protocols
- Desire to get to know the cats at the sanctuary, their names, and special needs
- Responsive, timely and displaying a sense of urgency
- Passionate about the role and the program in addition to Fat Kitty City mission and goals
- Problem solver, positive attitude, comfortable with change and continuous improvement
- Keep an updated log of cats needing TLC – coordinate that information to cuddler volunteers
- Place cats for adoption when ready
- Requires a commitment of one day a week to an AM or PM shift
- Feed dry food/wet food, provide clean water and scoop litter boxes
- Work in teams of 3-4 people
- A minimum commitment of three months is required
- Training requires shadowing of feeder teams
- Clean buildings, acclimation cages, change bedding, disinfect litter boxes, etc.
- Help with the basics of fundraising
- Experience is preferred but not required
- Experienced grant writers only, please
- Help with grounds maintenance and upkeep, yark work, tree trimming, etc
- Experience preferred
- Take videos and pictures of cats, volunteers, workgroups
- Post on social media
- Full knowledge of all social media programs
- Post and update news and events
Must have license and transportation
Shuttle cats/kittens to and from the sanctuary to Petco and/or Petsmart stores or to vet appointments
On-call position – we would contact you for transport and if available you would let us know
Usual transport needs are on Thurs/Fri and Mon/Tues for Petco/Petsmart adoptions
Vet Appointments can be any day of the week