The strength and success of Fat Kitty City come from our amazing and dedicated team of volunteers. We are always looking for more volunteers to help us in a number of ways.
Whether it is helping out in the office, taking care of the kitties at the Sanctuary, assisting at our weekly adoption events or fostering, we can always use the help!
We are accepting adult volunteers. If you are an adult interested in volunteering, please download and fill out a Volunteer Application. Either scan or take a picture of your completed application and send it to Jane Lober at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will then get in touch with you.
Our greatest volunteer needs currently are:
- This is a virtual, on-going opportunity.
- FKCHS has an immediate opening for a detailed, highly organized, professional who is experienced with scheduling appointments for adopted cats and kittens. Appointment types are for spaying and neutering, vaccines and illness. We schedule appointments twice a week for our Sanctuary clinic and with local pet hospitals as needed.
- Currently, a spreadsheet is used to keep track of information, but in the future we want to build a more automated process with Google forms.
- This position will require a lot of talking to people on the phone, so communication skills and the ability to manage under stress will be crucial.
- Being able to explain pre-op and post-op instructions to people is a necessity.
- The position also entails sending out information for surgeries via email and following up.
- You will be the single point of contact for anything dealing with our clinic, so being able to handle ALL the communication with people, explain services, and more, is of critical importance.
- If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding volunteer position, please email your resume to Anna at email@example.com
A commitment of one Saturday and/or Sunday a month
Minimum of one month required
Work with adoption team to find loving homes for our deserving kitties through thorough screening, background checks and filling out the appropriate paperwork
Training requires shadowing adoption teams a minimum of three times
- PetSmart Folsom (IRON POINT RD): Hours available Sat. & Sun. 11a-4p
- PetSmart Auburn: Hours available Sat. 11a-4p
- Petco Cameron Park: Saturday 11a-3p
- Petco Folsom: by appointment
- We are in great need of fosters to care for kittens/cats and puppies/dogs until they are ready for adoption.
- We are in desperate need of fosters for adult cats who do not do well at the sanctuary, and who need a home environment.
- We will provide all the food and litter, and we will cover medical needs.
- Requires a commitment of at least one day a week
- Help keep an eye on all our sanctuary cats and monitor their well-being
- Awareness of basic feline health issues, abnormal behavior in cats and comfort administering medicine
- Ability to perform roll-call of all cats at the sanctuary therefore needs to recognize cats/names and remember their location
Should be detail-oriented, report any changes in behavior and health and help manage recovery efforts
- Should have an ability to handle cats, trap cats, transport cats of all types including feral and/or fractious
- Problem solver, positive attitude, comfortable with change and being proactive
- Being able to juggle multiple requests, prioritize and respond timely to inquiries while at the sanctuary
- Comfort cleaning up all feline excrements
- REQUIRED - smartphone and ability to take pictures and quickly describe/text any hazards and concerns
- Requires a commitment of one day a week
- Cat behavior knowledge and continued learning on the topic
- Patient, nurturing and passionate about cat care
- Desire to get to know the cats at the sanctuary, their names, and special needs
- Grooming including brushing cats or cleaning special needs cats
- Help create enrichment activities and play with cats
- Sharing progress on specific cases as needed
- Help adoption counselors in describing cats up for adoption
FEEDERS AND CLEANERS
- Requires a commitment of one day a week to an AM or PM shift
- Feed dry food/wet food, provide clean water and scoop litter boxes
- Work in teams of 3-4 people
- A minimum commitment of three months is required
- Training requires shadowing of feeder teams
- Clean buildings, acclimation cages, change bedding, disinfect litter boxes, etc.
FUNDRAISER ADMIN ASSISTANT
- Help with the basics of fundraising
- Experience is preferred but not required
- Experienced grant writers only, please
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
- Help with grounds maintenance creating a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing environment
- Tree trimming, leaf raking, general landscaping
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment used on the job
- Maintenance and repairs of irrigation systems including sprinklers and valves
- Performs inspections of sanctuary and surrounding perimeter and facilities; corrects and/or reports hazardous conditions
- Communicates when other clean up efforts are needed to shift volunteers
- Experience preferred
- Take videos and pictures of cats, volunteers, workgroups
- Create engaging digital photo albums
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETER
- Experience preferred
- Post and update news and events
- Engage our existing followers and grow new ones
- Create visually appealing graphics and content
- Identify affiliate marketing opportunities
- Support fundraising efforts with unique marketing campaigns
Must have license and transportation
Shuttle cats/kittens to and from the sanctuary to Petco and/or Petsmart stores or to vet appointments
On-call position - we would contact you for transport and if available you would let us know
Usual transport needs are on Thurs/Fri and Mon/Tues for Petco/Petsmart adoptions
Vet Appointments can be any day of the week